Monday, January 14, 2008

So many websites so little time

I designed an evaluation form for the third graders to complete when they view a website on the grade level links. This has been a big help with exploring all of the websites in the grade level links that might be useful for our curriculum. To begin students choose a website on the third grade link and try using it. They complete the form which asks a few questions like how hard was it to use it? Was it fun? Was it helpful? Would you recommend it? They put their names on them and put them in an envelope for me to read. It saves me time and gets them acquainted with the many activities in these websites. So far they have evaluated 20 and we have many more.

2 comments:

makin said...

Beth, that's a great idea! I'm finding that I can't remember all of the educational websites I like to use on the links page, or sometimes I find a part of one I like but can't explore the whole site thoroughly. It's natural that the kids should be doing the exploring and evaluating of the sites!

Molly said...

Beth,
You should show Mya the paper that you created. I thought your idea was genius!